This Wesak Full Moon Meditation Online experience was led by Michael Lindfield, President of the Board for Meditation Mount, and Diana Lang. We are grateful for the transcendent ambient music by Orpheo McCord.
Duration: 49:30 Minutes
– Introduction Video and Music: 0:00min – 0:30min
– Welcoming and Wesak Legend: 0:30min – 14:00min
– Guided Meditation Experience: 14:00min – 24:00min
– Silent Meditation: 24:00min – 32:30min
– Harmonization: 32:30min – 39:00min
– Water Ceremony Blessing: 39:00min – 47:00min
– Closing and Music by Orpheo McCord: 47:00min – 49.30min
This Festival honors the Buddha – the Lord of Light – who uses this occasion each year to bless us with the Light of Illumination that aids in the journey of transformation from “darkness to light, from the unreal to the Real and from death to immortality.”
Traditionally, the Wesak meditation contains a Water Ceremony and we invite you to have with you during the meditation either a glass or bowl of water for a collective act of blessing.
This Festival has added significance this year because of the present crisis and it offers an opportunity to anchor the light of a new day in the hearts and minds of humanity as we stand together at a momentous choice-point: either going “back to normal” or “forward to a new normal” founded on higher values, qualities and norms.